Bed, bath, and table linens are essential elements of every home. Household linens, furniture, rugs and window treatments incarnate a complex tradition that spans centuries. They exist in an infinite variety of fibers and weaves and can be adorned with embroidery, lace, and other exquisite refinements. Generations of craftsmen, spinners and weavers combined art with technology so that these textiles could transcend their utilitarian function. With proper care, these items will last for many years, even with everyday use.
Peninou routinely cleans the finest bed linens available in the world. From modern fashionable styles to opulent heirloom bed linens, customers the world-over trust Peninou for our over one hundred years of experience. Fine Linen is the lost art of hand finishing luxurious bed linens. Fine Linen includes:
- A detailed inspection for stains and an assessment to create a custom cleaning and finishing procedure.
- A gentle cleaning in either our advanced water-based Wetcleaning process or “Eco-Friendly” Drycleaning department as prescribed by the items care label or prerequisites. Both cleaning processes are performed with low-agitation “soak” cycles that protect even the most delicate linens.
- Every item is individually protected during the cleaning process in our proprietary gentle care nylon net bags.
- Hand-cooked liquid starch (if requested) can be added to Wetcleaned items. Sizing can be applied to Drycleaned items.
- A Post-cleaning stain inspection is completed and additional cleaning is performed if required.
- All Fine Linen items are then 100% hand-ironed on a custom build 20 foot ironing table.
- Fine Linens are returned on hangers or flat packaged in breathable long-term storage bags.